• La tienda virtual de Foros Perú Club ha abierto sus puertas. Ahora, con ClubCoins, podrás canjear items virtuales para mejorar tu experiencia en el foro. ¡Has clic aquí!
  • Si deseas organizar tu propio concurso o evento sobre un tema específico, te invitamos a comunicarte con la cuenta de Staff a través de la mensajería privada. Valoraremos tus ideas, incluyendo las reglas, y demás detalles que desees proponer.
  • ¡Únete ahora a nuestro canal de telegram para no perderte nada! Clic aquí
  • Bienvenido Invitado, para mejorar tu estancia y comodidad en el foro, ahora podrás elegir el tema de tu preferencia: Clásico, Nocturno clásico, FPC Dark, FPC Light, Dark 2 y Súper Dark

Let's speak only in English

Luchito Ciencia

Miembro de bronce
Temas
Estados Unidos
28 Mar 2022
Por favor, Acceder o Registrarse para visualizar las citas!

Great insight.

Those words of yours contradict somehow the words of a piece of paper written by a young french teenager, which created scandal and rejection from the rest, by being so violent and even racist from their point of view. This is about The Workshop, a French movie (2017)

Workshop-2018.jpg

Beyond the several reviews about this movie,like the social environment of a small port, the immigrant population (mostly Muslim) and several other situations, I am, on the other hand, more interested in the writings of Antoine. The topic for the class was tot write something about a past ship factory that was closed years ago in that port..

Antoine came back to class with his story. The narrations starts with the worker finishing with the last details before the yacht is released to the water.

Anthoine's style is very similar to yours @Oberscharführer,

"As usual he had to struggle to get up. He nearly forgot he had finished at the yard the temp work was over. He had put the finishing touches to the yacht, refurbished by the twenty five workers.

He went to the dry dock with a terrific din, the crane moved the yacht to the water. Everyone cheered, his colleagues and the engineer who never spoke to him. The yacht owner... an emir in a white djellaba, he joined the others on board.

His blood was pounding in his ears , he no longer knew why he was there. Then the engine rumbled to life. Slowly as in a dream, the boat left the harbor. Everyone was smiling, the engineer ... congratulating the team. He finally reached him. He held out a spotless hand.

That did it.

He felt he was in a black hole speeding towards the abyss. He opened his bag, took out an AK-47, and before could react, he opened fire.

Nothing could stop him, the blood seemed to urge him on, the boat reached the out sea. No emotion, his mind in blank.

He kills. The last one is the other temp worker. The young man begs in terror, a terror he refuses to see. So he fires one last time. He looks around as if discovering the scene. The deck is a pool of red, streaming blood covers the white seats. The air smells of death, less sickening than expected. Spattered with blood and brains, he steps over the corpses and the dying. Ignoring the pain, he goes the the helm, with the pride, steers the gosh ship to a destination he does not even know."

Man, the other dudes felt offended, specially the immigrant teenagers. He was practically isolated, more than before, he was always a lonely person. He, however, had a regular life like everyone else. He goes to parties, takes care of his little sister, has his buddies, just a regular dude.

After some more situations where the teacher is also involved, he decided to leave the workshop, and practically his former life.

Here is the part that is in disagreement with your quote. You declared that it must be a specific goal and work towards it,

When Antoine returned back for the last time to his class, he read for them the continuation of his story. This second part turned down all the comments related to racism the others made about his story.

"But, it didn't work. He knew all the roads and tracks. He had traveled them so often alone, always alone, always the same landscape, the yard that no one could avoid, the crane that was religiously preserved like a work of art

He didn't share that nostalgia. He didn't care about the yard, the workers or the tankers built there. That wasn't his story. He had meet people he knew and pretend to be happy. He knew everyone so tried to avoid them.

He felt these people smiling at him, who claim to love or help him, talked to him like an animal, an animal to be trained. He had to realize that even if he was bored, even if his friends were strangers, even with no future, no friends, no job, he should feel happy.

Yes. A man can kill out of boredom, just to see he could have shot someone out of boredom, just for something to happen.

He could have told the cops he shot the guy for being an Arab or a Jew or gay, they could have understood, no explaining to do.

But the victim didn't matter. He could even have shot himself, they would have understood too. They could have said: he had no future, no friends...

But he did neither one. He was too weak he had done nothing. So he got bored and waited.

But, for what?

He drifted along just to pass the time, to kill time, as they say.But the town was killing him, always the same routes.

Sometimes, to dispel his boredom, he would take a long detour."

Man, that story is the shit.

Even when the story is just fiction and nothing else, the absence of motive to commit a crime could be something real, this is to say, with no need of planning or making it as a goal. Killing out of boredom "just because", is, of course, not a great quote for philosophical purposes, but I see it as very intriguing.

Última edición:

Luchito Ciencia

Miembro de bronce
Temas
Estados Unidos
28 Mar 2022
Good point. Loved what you just said, it was a goal after all.

When you read his story is not as great as when you hear it from him.

I can't remember very well the ending of the movie,(is no longer for free at Amazon) but I can make my own conclusion that the teenager was talking about he himself. He is portrayed in the film as the description given by him in his story, he seems to be bored, apart, trying to escape from the environment surrounding him. I think he started to work as a temp worker in ship business.

If so, then he might fulfill in real life the words of his story.

Your quote is brilliant, however the story is well more attractive.

Luchito Ciencia

Miembro de bronce
Temas
Estados Unidos
28 Mar 2022

Do you call this "correcting someone´s English?"

Green goes, what you have wrote is "marica English" "Ay, we ate until we were stufffed stuffed stuffed..."

In a real conversation the most common word is "full", not stuffed.

Green goes, talk to me, how was your day today? Tell about a funny story you have heard recently. Come on, don't try to be perfect, just express yourself in English like when you talk with your man... I mean your mom.. eh... what I'm trying to say is... bah!... Green goes, is really a hard task to have a regular conversation with you....

Luchito Ciencia

Miembro de bronce
Temas
Estados Unidos
28 Mar 2022

Green goes, your marica English is not what people commonly talk. When you eat too much you will feel you are full. Simple.

I have no idea what you are pretending to be. At least @Oberscharführer writes simple sentences and quotes with no great value (he last quote is something obvious, you dedicate a goal, use all your time and will, and you get greater success than the ones who don't) however he is not pretending to be the English master of the forum like you do.

You are not needed here with the mission of correcting what others write in English, just do it when someone asks for it.

Gringo1

Miembro de bronce
Temas
USA
1 Jul 2020
Please teach me more. I definitely should have left your original phrase, “there we went, filling up the belly to no more”. Hahaha. I’m interested in language, so sometimes I post about language. So I’m probably not going to stop posting about language and instead tell you a story about my day like you keep telling me to. Notice that I don’t correct other people’s English or Spanish, just yours. I’m a native English speaker who is willing to help others with English. Shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re too insecure about your language ability. Which maybe you should be, judging by some of the stuff you write.

By the way, “stuffed” means you’re more than full. Probably somewhat uncomfortably full. It gets used all the time in everyday English.

Luchito Ciencia

Miembro de bronce
Temas
Estados Unidos
28 Mar 2022

Languages enjoy the freedom of having expressions. Some expressions are used without variations, like saying "that task is a piece of cake"

You will come and will correct that expression with your marica English, "That task is a piece of cake easy."

In Castellano you can say it as "llenamos nuestras barrigas hasta no poder más", "tragamos hasta decir basta", " llenamos las tripas hasta explotar", "comimos tanto que tuvimos que pedir tregua", etc, etc, etc, However, you and your marica Castellano will correct all those expressions with "ay, comimos hasta estar llenos, fushi fushi fiu fiu..." ha ha ha ha ,

Because that is the way you talk, a simplistic language without the flavor of the linguistic expression, which is the seasoning that make your narration to have an ID, a personal ID.

When you talk and use expressions in your sentences, you are signing your words with your name, you are stamping those with your seal. When you use your own expressions you are not a fixed book anymore, but you are an open universe to be explored.

Green goes, your marica English lacks of expressions, is limited to the meaning of words.

So, fuck with your marica English. Your English stinks. Your marica Englsh is bored, has no color, no life, no soul.

Gringo1

Miembro de bronce
Temas
USA
1 Jul 2020
Luchito is boring. I am bored of his English. He says my English is bored, but language can’t be bored. It can only be boring. There you go, another free English lesson.

Gringo1

Miembro de bronce
Temas
USA
1 Jul 2020
Another English lesson. On the use of “it.” In Spanish, when you say something like “Es importante que…” in English you say “It is important that…”. You can’t leave out the “it” and say “Is important that…”.

Últimos mensajes